top of the tops
THE TOP FIVE THINGS I’VE LEARNED FROM MAINTAINING A BLOG ABOUT CONTEMPORARY ART IN THE YEAR 2010
5. Writing about artworks or artists I dislike should be avoided. I need to see an exhibition before I agree to write about it.
4. People love to read about sex advice tips in the artworld more than anything else on this site.
3. If you have an interesting blog, people from around the world will read it; but if you live in NY, you won’t read an art blog written in the Midwest.
2. I wish this could be my full-time job. I’m typing this on my iPhone while smoking a cigarette!
1. I’m not completely comfortable reconciling my “serious” museum work and art criticism with the style of writing I maintain on my blog, but I’m getting there.
I’m more than ready for 2011.
Here is a Fantasy